Coursera is the global online learning platform that offers anyone, anywhere access to online courses and degrees from world-class universities and companies. Daphne Koller and Andrew Ng established Coursera in 2012 to give students all over the world access to learning opportunities that would change their lives. These days, anyone, anywhere can access online courses and degrees from top universities and businesses thanks to Coursera, a global platform for online learning and career development. To help you get the right scholarship, I have provided a detailed guide on How To Apply For Scholarship On Coursera.
Coursera was certified as a B Corp in February 2021, meaning that as we work to lower barriers to top-notch education for everyone, we have a legal obligation to improve society as a whole in addition to our shareholders. To access top-notch education anytime, anywhere, more than 7,000 universities, corporations, and governments, along with 113 million learners, have turned to Coursera.
How To Apply For Scholarship On Coursera
Coursera partners with more than 275 leading universities and companies to bring flexible, affordable, job-relevant online learning to individuals and organizations worldwide. We offer a range of learning opportunities—from hands-on projects and courses to job-ready certificates and degree programs.
To apply for financial aid:
- Open the course description page on Coursera.org.
- Find the section with info about financial aid, then click on Learn more and apply.
- Fill out and submit your application. Make sure your application meets the minimum word count (150 words).
- Wait up to 16 days for your application to be reviewed. Keep in mind that your financial aid application will be cancelled if you start a free trial for a subscription.
When your application is reviewed, you’ll get an email letting you know whether it’s been approved or denied. You can also check your Updates page to check the status of your application.
Application Guidance for Scholarships at Coursera
To get your application approved by Coursera, you need to write an impactful application so that Coursera can better analyse it. Below are a few application tips for financial aid that you may check out.
1. Mention Your Career Goals
You can mention your career goals and objectives and how the particular course will help you to enhance your career. For the best results, provide relatable and honest answers.
2. Explain Your Academic Background
Through your application, you have to provide an insight into your prior academic qualifications. But remember, if you have opted for any online courses, certification programs, or Bootcamps in the past, it might lead to an increase in odds for the scholarship.
3. Explain The Reason For Applying For A Scholarship
You have to mention the reason why you are applying for financial aid, as Coursera analyses several applications, so make sure your application is written in such a way that stands out from others.
Important Tips To Note When Applying For Coursera Scholarships
If you’d like to apply for a scholarship to take a Specialization, you’ll have to submit a separate application for each course. Once you complete each course, you can submit a new application for the next course in the Specialization. We do not offer financial aid for Specializations.
Your scholarship application will be cancelled if you start a free trial for a subscription while it is being reviewed. If you’ve already started a free trial and still want your application to be reviewed for approval, you can cancel your free trial and re-apply once the free trial ends.
What kind of funding am I eligible for?
Should your financial aid application be granted, you will be eligible for a course fee reduction. To empower students who otherwise wouldn’t be able to purchase premium content on Coursera, we provide financial aid. The information in your application and your location may have an impact on how much financial aid you receive, to equitably distribute resources to the students who need them the most.
If your application is denied, you’ll get an email explaining the reason why. If there is an issue with your application, you can fill out another application and apply again.
If your application is approved, you will receive an email letting you know. You can also check your Updates page to see the status of your application. Please follow the instructions provided in the email to start learning.
How long do I have to complete the course?
After you’re enrolled, you’ll have 180 days to complete the course with financial aid. If you don’t complete the course within 180 days, you can submit another application.
Unfortunately, Coursera cannot transfer payments or financial aid across different courses. Financial aid only applies to the course that the application was approved for.
When you unenroll from a course
- If you have subscribed, your subscription will not be cancelled when you unenroll. You’ll need to cancel your subscription if you want monthly payments to stop.
- If you paid for the course, you may be able to request a refund.
- You’ll lose access to any assessments you submit.
- You won’t be able to see any feedback or grades in that course.
- Your personalized deadlines will disappear. If you re-enrol in the course, you’ll get new personalized deadlines based on the day you re-enrol.
You won’t be able to unenroll from a course if:
- You already completed the course and earned a Course Certificate
- You paid for the course and are no longer eligible for a refund
- You applied for financial aid more than two weeks ago
- You signed up for the course on Coursera’s old platform
Coursera scholarship applications open doors to high-quality education. In order to receive financial aid, applicants must be carefully chosen, meet eligibility requirements, and make a strong case. A variety of courses and programmes are available to successful applicants, enabling them to advance their knowledge and abilities without facing financial constraints. A well-executed application and a well-articulated statement of goals will boost your chances of winning a coveted Coursera scholarship and open doors to a life-changing educational experience.
How to qualify for the financial aid offered by Coursera?
- To be eligible for the Coursera scholarship, you must fulfil all eligibility requirements and submit an application that details your educational background, career aspirations, and financial situation. Answers should be truthful. Make sure your application is the best one so that Coursera approves it when it reviews the others.
Is it possible to get multiple free trials for the courses by Coursera?
- Regretfully, no. Each subscription is only good for one free trial. After the seven-day free trial period, it will automatically switch to a paid subscription until you cancel.
How long does it take for Coursera to respond to your request for financial aid?
- Your request for financial aid from Coursera will be answered in approximately 14 to 15 days. If your application is accepted or denied by Coursera, you will be notified by email.