Unlock opportunities with the Malaysian International Scholarship – a gateway to global education and cultural enrichment for aspiring scholars worldwide. The Malaysian International Scholarship opens doors to a world of academic excellence and cultural enrichment, beckoning aspiring scholars from across the globe.
Endowed by the Malaysian government, this scholarship program is a testament to Malaysia’s commitment to fostering international collaboration in education.
It provides a golden opportunity for talented individuals to pursue their academic dreams in a vibrant, multicultural setting. This article explores key facets of the Malaysian International Scholarship, unraveling the opportunities it offers and the impact it has on the global academic landscape.
Variety of Scholarship Types:To accommodate candidates with a range of abilities and objectives, scholarships are offered in a number of formats. Academic scholarships recognize academic success, whereas sports scholarships benefit gifted athletes. Similarly, merit-based, need-based, and specialty sector scholarships offer opportunity to students with a range of backgrounds and interests.
Global Opportunities and Cross-Cultural Exchange : International students can pursue their studies abroad thanks to a multitude of scholarships. In addition to promoting intercultural communication, this broadens the scholarly landscape internationally by bringing together a range of viewpoints and experiences.
Corporate Social Responsibility and Philanthropy: A lot of scholarships are created as a result of CSR programs or charitable endeavors. Scholarships are funded by businesses, charities, and private citizens as a way to give back to the community, make an investment in the future, and improve society.
How To Apply For Malaysian International Scholarship
Dreaming of studying abroad? Explore the Malaysian International Scholarship for a chance to excel in a multicultural academic environment.
Who Can Apply?
Graduates from the recipient countries of MIS 2023 who:
- are citizens from the recipient countries of MIS 2023;
- intend to pursue full-time postgraduate studies
(Master’s/PhD) in Malaysia; or
- are currently pursuing full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysian public universities and selected private higher education institutions with a minimum of two (2) semesters remaining before the end of the study period
- High potential and excellent graduates from the following countries are welcome to apply for MIS:
• ASEAN countries • Morocco
countries • Palestine
• Afghanistan • Qatar
• Algeria • Saudi Arabia
• Azerbaijan • Senegal
• China • South Korea
• Egypt • Syria
• Georgia • Tajikistan
• Hong Kong • Tunisia
• Iran • Turkey
• Iraq • Turkmenistan
• Jordan • United Arab Emirates
• Kazakhstan • Uzbekistan
• Libya • Yemen
1. Application for MIS can be accessed on our online application system via the link
2. Applicants will have to fill out and provide all the necessary information in the Application Form and have the compulsory documents listed below scanned and saved in PDF format and uploaded to the online application system:
i. A certified copy of the passport as evidence of nationality (with minimum validity of 6 months);
ii. A certified copy of the academic transcript(s):
a. Transcripts of undergraduate studies (together
with the master’s degree transcript for PhD applicants)
b. Reflect the record of all the courses taken throughout the previous study programme(s)
c. Must be submitted together with a certified official document issued by the applicant’s
alma mater describing the institution’s grade system if the applicant’s transcript does not
include information on CGPA, marks or score
iii. A certified copy of English Proficiency test result (IELTS / TOEFL) or an official letter from the previous institution declaring English as the medium of instruction used for the obtained degree(s).
iv. Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
v. Admission letter to Malaysian university (if applicants are currently undertaking postgraduate studies or if applicants have secures admission to the university);
vi. Curriculum Vitae; and
vii. Research Proposal *for Masters by Research and PhD applicants only
All of the documents are required to be in English, if they are in any language other than English, you are required to provide certified translated copies of the documents.
Eligibility Criteria For Malaysian International Scholarship
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for their applications to be considered further:
1. Is not more than 40 and 45 years old at the time of application for master’s and PhD levels respectively.
2. Possessing good academic qualifications:
- Master’s applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / 2nd
Class Upper (Honours) or higher at Bachelor’s
- PhD applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / excellent
results at Master’s level in course related to the
intended study program
3. Mastering good proficiency of English Language:
- Obtaining band 6.0 or higher in IELTS; or
- Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in TOEFL paper-based test (PBT); or
- Has obtained a previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instructions.
4. Submitting a written research proposal with a minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the intended field of studies.
Level of Study
For Master’s by Research and PhD applicants only
1. Master’s degree
2. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree
Full-time study only
For a list of universities and other information, please click here.
Benefits of Malaysian International Scholarship
Tuition fees for the whole sponsorship period will be paid
directly to the university.
2. Monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month.
Area of Studies
Applicants are welcome to apply for any accredited courses with priorities given to courses under the following areas of study:
2. Arts and Humanities
3. Social Sciences, Journalism and Information
4. Business, Administration and Law
5. Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics
6. Information and Communication Technologies
5. Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Statistic
7. Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction
8. Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Veterinary
9. Health and Welfare *not including medicine, nursing and pharmacy
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
1. Outstanding academic and co-curricular achievement.
2. The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and
human well-being, with a preference for Malaysia-related research topics.
3. Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English language.
Terms and Conditions of Malaysian International Scholarship
1. Scholars must undertake full-time study for postgraduate programs at the selected universities and higher education
institutes. It is the responsibility of the scholars to confirm their admission to the university.
2. Scholars must not change their study program during the tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from the university and the Ministry of Higher Education.
3. Scholars must fulfill the requirements of the study program and abide by Malaysian laws and the university’s rules, regulations, and codes of conduct.
4. Any suspension from the university will result in the scholar’s immediate suspension of the scholarship. Monthly
allowances are not payable during the suspension.
5. It is the responsibility of the successful candidates to apply and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa, including a medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa.
For further information and application details Visit Here
In conclusion, the Malaysian International Scholarship stands tall as a beacon of educational diplomacy, bringing together minds from diverse backgrounds to share knowledge and build bridges across borders. As we explore the intricacies of this scholarship program, it becomes clear that it is more than just a financial aid initiative; it is a catalyst for cross-cultural understanding and academic excellence.
Aspiring for global education? The Malaysian International Scholarship awaits, offering financial support for scholars seeking academic excellence.
As scholars graduate from this program, they carry with them not only a wealth of knowledge but also a network of international connections that will shape the future of global collaboration. The Malaysian International Scholarship is a testament to the power of education in fostering unity, understanding, and progress on an international scale.